Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
crane duty helical gearbox SELECTION PROCEDURE
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is certainly influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment products type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is usually 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3